Post Reply  Post Thread                                                                                                                                                                           
Thread Rating:
  • 49 Votes - 2.39 Average
WikiLeaks WikiLeaks WikiLeaks
Jewel Three Small Gold Stars Offline O.P.
I walk with the Dead
Moderators

Likes Given: 0
User ID: 8
star WikiLeaks WikiLeaks WikiLeaks
The tense relationship between the founder of Wikileaks, Julian Assange, and two of the world's leading newspaper publishers unravelled in spectacular fashion.

Disclosure is not merely an action; it is a way of life.

spin

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/book...1lp02.html

As a result of surveillance and the aggressive attitude of the Pentagon towards me, I wanted to make copies of the cables to ensure their safekeeping. I was not happy with how things had developed with The Guardian, but my attitude was ''better the devil you know''. The New York Times had shown themselves to be cowards, and I was not ready to work with them again. It felt like there was a massive strike coming down on us, so I copied the 250,000 documents and stashed them first with contacts in Eastern Europe and Cambodia. I also put them on an encrypted laptop and had it delivered to Daniel Ellsberg, the hero of the Pentagon Papers. Giving it to Dan had symbolic value for us. We also knew he could be trusted to publish the whole lot during a crisis.

I asked for a signed letter from The Guardian's editor, Alan Rusbridger, guaranteeing the material would be kept confidential, that nothing would be published until we were ready to go, and that it would not be stored on a computer that was connected to the internet or any internal network. Rusbridger agreed and we signed the letter.

blur

None asked me how it came about, or how I was, or whether I needed anything: they simply responded as if the creepy allegations were ''smoke'' that could not possibly exist ''without fire''.

Having schmoozed their way to several scoops off the back of our organisation, two of these media partners began to behave as if I represented a moral risk. Nothing had changed in the material, nothing had changed in our passion to reveal it, but false allegations had been made against me that caused these men to increase their bad behaviour and their stereotyping of me to the point where it was crazy.

There were some incredible stories in the cables: $25 million worth of bribes to politicians in India, given with the knowledge of apparently sanguine US diplomats; signs of continued American interference in Haitian politics; revelations that a Peruvian presidential candidate had taken money from an alleged drug trafficker;

spin

fatherland

fatherland
Bookmark and Share
10-15-2011 07:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bobbynoka One Small Gold Star Offline
Senior Ground Zero Member

User ID: 33
Cup RE: WikiLeaks WikiLeaks WikiLeaks
I didn't realize this was so huge!

bobbynoka Admin welcomes you inGroundZero since Jun 2011.

fatherland
10-15-2011 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xbox
Anonymous Grounded
Guests

User ID: 0
gzero RE: WikiLeaks WikiLeaks WikiLeaks
What is going on? It is projected JA will be killed by summers end on some other forums.. /

cry
05-17-2019 02:39 AM
Quote this message in a reply
G-Zero Guest
Anonymous Grounded
Guests

sv RE: WikiLeaks WikiLeaks WikiLeaks
Julian Assange, WikiLeaks founder, faces 17 more charges in new U.S. indictment

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p...story.html
05-24-2019 01:25 AM
rewind Two Small Gold Stars Offline
Militant Bitch

User ID: 16
RE: WikiLeaks WikiLeaks WikiLeaks
Is Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange A Foreign Spy Or A News Publisher? Probably Both.
While I’m sympathetic to the principled arguments being made in defense of Assange, they’re not applicable in this case.

………………

That said, I’m also reflexively uncomfortable with the idea of the Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecuting publishers for disseminating classified documents. Without whistleblowers and illegal disclosures, governments would often get away with grievous abuses of power. Even if those leaks are politically motivated, and even if the release of those documents fail to offer proper context, in the long run, protecting journalistic institutions that pursue transparency is a net benefit for free society.

…………………..

In 2017, Hollywood was still celebrating the uncompromising bravery of Washington Post journalists, who 50 years earlier had published the Pentagon Papers, which consisted of illegally stolen classified documents that exposed 30 years of American involvement in the Vietnam War. ………. pot calling the kettle black? blink

…………………

“If Assange can be prosecuted merely for publishing leaked classified documents,” a piece in The Atlantic argued last year, “every single media outlet is at risk of prosecution for doing the exact same thing.”

………

The Australian is charged with a computer hacking conspiracy, because he conspired to assist then-Bradley Manning, a former U.S. Army intelligence analyst, with cracking codes that allowed the two to break into classified files. …………..

If, for instance, Assange was being extradited to face charges for publishing Podesta’s hacked emails, it would be a clear to me that the government was violating free press protections.

ffs
https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/11/is-...publisher/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-45sR2rDhlE
05-25-2019 06:50 AM
Reese~ One Medium Silver Star Offline
Moderators

User ID: 427
Wtf? What is really going on here I don't think we will ever know?

Now let me tell you something: fb is posting that he and Hillary worked together and he was a spy for her? so then I read he actually was responsible for her losing the presidency? so what is it? I do no think anything I search will tell me the truth as I have not found it so far other then he was likely a spy for Hillary. blink

why does this matter? because they are prosecuting him for journalism. that matters. it will effect us all who are trying to get the truth spoken on all matters.

end
05-25-2019 06:55 AM
Vladimir Four Small Silver Stars Offline
Senior Ground Zero Member

User ID: 748
“Tool Of Russian Intelligence”: Hillary Targets Julian Assange As Interview Goes Viral

https://conservativedailypost.com/tool-o...oes-viral/

Clinton described Assange, who is himself Australian, as “a kind of nihilistic opportunist who does the bidding of dictator Vladimir Putin.”
In her own unique way, in which you feel as if you’re being lectured by an extremely stern schoolteacher, Clinton said that Assange is “a tool of Russian intelligence, and if he’s such a … martyr of free speech, why doesn’t WikiLeaks ever publish anything coming out of Russia?”
05-25-2019 07:06 AM
rewind Two Small Gold Stars Offline
Militant Bitch

User ID: 16
check these out? I think I posted recent vids in here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-45sR2rDhlE
06-07-2019 10:27 PM
G-Zero Guest
Anonymous Grounded
Guests

Heart
06-08-2019 12:25 AM
(I) Bot Two Medium Gold Stars Offline
Ground Zero Posting Freak

User ID: 42
bump

.............................. I Am Programmed ..................................
06-10-2019 07:46 PM
Absolute Crap Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

[-]
Quick Reply

Check the G-zero box Number: 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Home
 Go Portal